Sunglasses on a Cloudy Day

I like my sunglasses.  They are cheap.  They are cute.  They are useful.  I wear them just about every time I go outside.  Even on cloudy days.  Sometimes I feel silly, wearing sunglasses when obviously the sun isn't shining.  But that's just it: the sun IS shining, even if I can't see it.  I pondered this as I drove around town the other day, sporting my shades when there wasn't a ray of sunlight to be found.  Some people sneered at me in passing cars.  I thought about succumbing to peer pressure and taking them off.  But then I thought, No!  I am going to wear them proudly as a declaration that the sun is still there and will shine again, and could break through the clouds at any moment!


This is the essence of faith.  Of hope.  This is a prophetic act, an outward sign that my heart believes in the goodness and glory of God as the truest reality.  No cloudy, foggy, rainy circumstance that stares me in the eyeball will rob me of my ability to see with my spirit the eternal shining love of my Jesus, the One who sits on the throne!

Funny thing is, this awareness of the Son above the clouds, creates within me a joyful atmosphere!  I become a vessel of His glory and goodness, able to release it to the grey-eyed, weary-handed, heavy-hearted ones trudging through the puddles.  Isn't this the crux of our faith?  Loving God and knowing His love for me re-creates me in His likeness, His Spirit within enabling me to love others as He would.  
It is a beautiful thing!  It brings Light and Light-heartedness to a sometimes very dull and dreary world.
Is it cloudy over your life right now?  It might be the perfect time to wear your sunglasses.

Bliss to you!
Sarah

1 comment:

Deborah said...

And Bliss back you Sarah JOY!!!