Sweet Water Spring

Last night, I felt God's smile over me like a warmth around my soul.  I didn't do anything in particular that day that one might point to and say, "Oh, God is pleased with her service/performance/growth/etc."  I just lived out my day as usual.  But there are times when I sense His intense pleasure in me just as I am, His beloved redeemed one, and I know that it has nothing to do with my effort.  God is pleased with Jesus and I am in Jesus, so I get to taste the full intensity of the Father's delight without lifting a finger.  The weight of that love is overwhelming.  Last night was such a time.  This is what He whispered to my heart...

"You are sweet!  Salt water deceives: the more you drink, the more it leaves you parched.  This world is the same.  But there is a sweet, ever-fresh Water that hydrates in Truth.  You have a deep well of this inside, a sacred reservoir of Me that supplies you and never runs dry.  You also have a spring of this sweet Living Water bubbling up; it sprinkles, showers, and drenches others around you with My goodness.  I love that about you!"

I don't want to hog this beautiful word for myself!  I want to bless all you who are the Springs of Sweet Water...Jesus is flowing out of you to refresh a very thirsty world.  As He flows through you, He also refreshes you!  Rejoice in the Source!

Bliss to you!
Sarah

James 3:9-12

John 7:38

2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments: