Brilliant Thought: Against Me

Romans 8:31
If God is for us, who is against us?


I was pondering this today and was struck by how often I am against myself when God isn't even against me!  If God is on my side, who am I to think, speak, or act in ways that are contrary to His love and victory in me?!  Actually, those thoughts originate not in myself (because I have died and Christ lives in me) and certainly not in God (His wrath is satisfied and He sees me as His new creation)...so they must come from the enemy of my soul, the father of lies.  Since he has no part in Jesus, Who is the Truth, he can only lie.  So, no matter how I may feel those thoughts to be truth, if they don't line up with God's nature then they are lies, intended to keep me from walking in freedom and victory.
  
This is why it is so important for me to know, really know Who God is and what He is like.  Learning to recognize influences (even if they are inside my head) that don't align with what I know of His character, and promptly refusing to believe or act on them is vital to my continued spiritual growth and victory.  The fabulous thing is that God is my coach, defense, cheerleader, and referee in this!  Not only that, He has tipped the scales overwhelmingly in my favor!  In Christ, I am destined for victory!  I am, as Graham Cooke says, condemned to conquer!  
This gives me joy in facing my problems and hang-ups....God is smiling over me in this situation, because He knows if I continually realign to Him I will advance!  My problems become a platform for my promotion!  Haha!  If God is for me, who can be against me?!  None!  


Bliss to you!
Sarah


John 8:44
[the devil] was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.


2 Corinthians 2:14-15
14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 15 For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;


1 John 2:12-14
12 I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake. 13 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father. 14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.


John 5:3-5
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?



No comments: