Take All You Want!

This morning, during my personal worship, I took out one of my bottles of anointing oil.  I dabbed my temples and behind my ears, to remind me throughout the day as I catch the scent that I am my Beloved's!  As I started to put it away, Isaac (3 yrs old) said, "Mama! I want some!"  I gladly agreed and placed a dab of the fragrant oil on his forehead.  Again, I started to replace the lid when he pointed to his feet, "And some right here, Mama!"  Smiling, I dabbed both his wriggling feet.  Pulling up his jammie legs, "And some here, on my knees!"  ... "And all the way down my legs!" ...  "And put some on my hands, Mama!  On all my fingers!" ... "And don't forget my face!" ... "Some on my cheeks, and my nose, and my chin, and my forehead, and all around my neck!" ...  By this time, I was beaming with joy at his enthusiasm!  And he was shining with oil from head to toe!  There are some things (cookies, TV, candy, etc.) that I will put limits on.  But my heart bursts to see my child's eagerness to get more of the anointing oil!  My response to him was, "You can have as much as you want!"
I have a hunch that God feels the same about us!  I want to come into His presence like a child, "Abba, can I have more?  And don't forget here!  And anoint this part, too, God!  And all around over here!"  His oil never runs out!  And Holy Spirit is always more generous than we give Him credit for!   He beams over us and loves to pour out the oil and the wine!  I think I am the one who has to tell Him "Enough!  I'm saturated, I can't hold anymore!  Let me absorb this much first!"  He is a God not of measure, but of fullness!  Haha!  Can't you hear Holy Spirit saying through joyous laughter, "Take all you want!  The world around you needs My fragrance!"


He is the God of more than enough!  Soak it up, as much as you want!  He won't cut you off!


Bliss to you!
Sarah


Luke 24:28-29
... and [Jesus] acted as though He were going farther. 29 But they urged Him, saying, “Stay with us, for it is getting toward evening, and the day is now nearly over.”  


John 1:16
16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. 


Ephesians 3:16-21
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Sam Kurien said...

I am so encouraged. I like pondering scriptures you put. Luke points out a little bit of mischief on Jesus's part where he quotes "...and Jesus acted as though He were going farther"...it seems to me He is always wanting to check, if His children want more of His presence. Oh what a blessed savior we have1

And Amazing post by an amazing woman.