Brilliant Thought: How to Melt a Mountain

Matthew 17:20
"...for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Psalm 97:5
"The mountains melted like wax at the presence of the LORD,
At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth."



Why do I focus on the size of my faith, fixated on moving the mountain, when the very mountain itself will melt in God's presence?!  Every obstacle, need, problem, frustration melts like wax at the feet of the Lord of the whole earth.  His presence is the key.  Whether I need a change of heart, change of perspective, or change of behavior....in His presence I will find my answer.  Why is that?  The way I see it is this...


When I come to a mountain (anything that blocks my progress, be it a situation, feeling, habit, hinderance, etc.), if I look only at the tall mountain, I will feel hopeless and powerless to affect change.  But if I lift my eyes to look at my much taller God, I will see His smile, maybe a wink, and His beckon to me that says, "Come up here!"  As I ascend to His side, where I always have a seat with Him in those heavenly places, I am overcome by the love, power, joy, wonder, might, and victory of His presence!  It takes my breath away, relieves my fears, and infuses my being with faith and life!  Then I happen to glance back down to earth.  I catch a glimpse of that mountain, but this time it is from an aerial viewpoint, and it doesn't look so tall or menacing now.  It looks rather flat, resembling a puddle, actually.  A puddle, my mountain has melted in the presence of my God!  
I like that thought!  I am going to live like that today!  


Bliss to you!
Sarah


P.S  The first picture is one of Mount Everest, the tallest mountain on Earth.  The second picture is the whole Himalayan range, including Mount Everest, from space....perspective makes all the difference!  And I love how it actually looks like puddles of melting wax!  :) 

No comments: